TRIBUTE TO KOFI ANNAN
Former UN Secretary-General – Nobel Peace Laureate and Chair of The Elders (2013-2018); put development, human rights, the rule of law, good governance and peace at the top of the United Nations agenda.
– Chair of The Elders (2013-2018)
– United Nations Secretary-General 1997-2006
– Initiated the Millennium Development Goals
– Played a central role in the acceptance by Member States of the Responsibility to Protect doctrine
– Nobel Peace Laureate (jointly with the UN) 2001
– UN/Arab League Joint Special Envoy on the Syrian crisis 2012
– Chair of the Advisory Commission on Rakhine State, Myanmar 2016.