Instruments to meet our objectives in Belgium:
- Meetings and events, i.e. lunch or dinner conferences, round tables and seminars, in which Belgian, Luxembourg, African, Caribbean and Pacific officials and businessmen participate, alongside members of the press and of course CBL-ACP members. These manifestations enable participants to mix and mingle and have valuable contacts with business circles of the countries involved. Experience shows that to the satisfaction of all parties involved many contacts like this have led to quite a number of successful business enterprises in the past.
- The bilateral sections, who – independently from the overall manifestations of the CBL-ACP – regularly organise workshops, at which matters pertaining to specific countries are the main focus. These sections will occasionally invite personalities travelling to Belgium to attend.
- A weekly newsletter, a quarterly magazine and a bi-annual directory providing readers with valuable info on the current state of affairs in the countries of Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific. Apart from giving detailed data on the economic situation in these countries they also elaborate on investment schemes by major international financial organisations, on tenders, business propositions, and job offers and demands. The publications furthermore herald the achievements and potential of Belgo-Luxembourg companies to the international scene. As such they are an indispensable source of information for many small and midsized companies.
- Assisting both Belgo-Luxembourg and African, Caribbean and Pacific businessmen at home and abroad with economic background, commercial information, setting up meetings, fast visa application, …
- Welcoming to Belgium future entrepreneurs, and assisting those who want to set up shop in the above-mentioned countries.
Instruments to meet our objectives in the African, Caribbean and Pacific countries:
- Organising trade missions with B2B workshops, and exhibitions cataloguing Belgo-Luxembourg products and services.
- CBL-ACP representation offices abroad, aka “Permanent Delegations”. These delegations – currently operational in 25 overseas countries – closely cooperate with our Brussels headquarters and with the presidents of their respective bilateral sections.
The delegates stationed abroad regularly update the Brussels headquarters with news about the countries they reside in and about opportunities for developing bilateral commercial trade. They will also flag pending visits to Belgium of personalities and business men from their countries. The members of the CBL-ACP are welcome to obtain support from these representation offices when visiting corresponding countries in terms of documentation, introductions and – if necessary – logistical aid e.g. hotel reservations and such.
Events and Missions
CBL-ACP will participate to the economic mission to the Democratic Republic of Congo organized from 2/3 till 4/4/2020
Events and Missions
CBL-ACP together with EBCAM recommends to join the ‘JOINT EAA – EU BUSINESS MISSION TO DJIBOUTI & ETHIOPIA’ FROM FEBRUARY 24TH – 28TH 2020
The EASTERN AFRICA ASSOCIATION (EAA) was established over 50 years ago to represent the interests of foreign investors in the region. Following a reconnaissance visit to DJIBOUTI in February 2019, there are plans to organise and lead a business mission to the country, concluding with political and economic briefings on ETHIOPIA for those interested in reviewing the business opportunities in that country.
INTERESTED : Please contact the EAA UK office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details.
The CBL-ACP magazine
Every three months a magazine is published containing complete files on ACP-countries (i.e. countries from North Africa, from sub-Saharan Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific) detailing their economic priorities, general information and related activities of the Chamber.